St Anne’s Church in Budapest is considered to be one of the most beautiful Baroque buildings in Hungary.
After the Ottoman era, the Servite order were given permission to built a church together with a Monastery in 1686. Hence this church was and still is called Servita Church.
Built in 1732, this Roman Catholic Church is located in the upper part of Servite square, right in the very heart of Budapest.
Unfortunately, as many parts of Budapest, both the monastery and the church sustained severe damage during WWII, what is more, the original statue, which had stood in front of the church, was utterly destroyed.
The facade and the 61 m tall beautiful bell tower were completely renewed 2 years ago, but the remaining parts of the church are mostly original.
Along with masses (on a daily basis), concerts are often held in this church.
Address: Szervita square 6, Budapest, District 5, H-1052