Have you ever experienced a gala concert with an authentic Hungarian flavour, a music show with real Hungarian spirit? The Budapest Gala Concerts offer a truly unique entertainment with a wide range of repertoire from operetta and gipsy music to Hungarian-related classical music.BOOKING
Strauss or Berlioz together with a symphonic orchestra while making the whole experience more colourful, a special Hungarian instrument, the cimbalom (hammered ducimel) is introduced. Feel and hear the harmony of these different music styles performed by the country’s best performers.
The programme includes performances by the Danube Symphony Orchestra, the soloists of the world-famous Budapest Operetta Theatre, an authentic gypsy ensemble and a performance by one of Hungary’s great talents from the national “Virtuosos” talent show.
The Gala Concerts take place in two of Budapest’s most historical and prestigious concert hall, the Danube Palace and the recently restored Pesti Vigado, both are in the very heart of the city.
The 90 minutes long concerts consist of two 40-45 minute long parts with an intermission in between.
Why do not you enjoy an unforgettable cruise with dinner, drinks and great views of the city right after the concert?BOOKING
- Ticket to a 90-minute show in a truly spectacular setting
- Enjoy a performance by the famous Danube Symphony Orchestra
- Hear masterpieces written by Berlioz, Lehar, Liszt and many more famous composers
- Experience the unique sounds of the cimbalom, a traditional Hungarian instrument
- Enjoy breathtaking performances by several of Hungary’s greatest talents
- Choose from four different seating categories to suit your budget
- Discount price for students with valid student ID
- Option for upgrading your ticket to include a Danube River dinner cruise after the concert
Dates of Gala Concerts
In Danube Palace
May, 2017: 6. 13. 20. 27.
June, 2017: 3. 10. 17. 24.
July, 2017: 1. 8. 15. 22.
Aug, 2017: 5. 12. 19. 26.
Sept, 2017: 2. 9. 16. 23. 30
Oct, 2017: 7. 14. 21. 28
Dec, 2017: 25. 27. 30.
I. cat: €41
(€39 for Students)
II. cat: €37
(€34 for Students)
III. cat: €33
(€31 for Students)
VIP ticket: €99
Concert & Dinner Cruise
I. cat & Dinner Cruise: €81
(€78 for Students)
II. cat & Dinner Cruise: €76
(€74 for Students)
III. cat & Dinner Cruise: €73
(€70 for Students)
VIP ticket & Dinner Cruise: €138
Concert & Cruise & 2 Drinks
I. cat & Cruise & Drinks: €57 (€54 for Students)
II. cat & Cruise & Drinks: €52 (€50 for Students)
III. cat & Cruise & Drinks: €49 (€46 for Students)
VIP ticket & Cruise & Drinks: €114
You can upgrade your existing Gala Concert booking with a return Taxi Transfer for the price of €10 per person.
Hotel pick up: 30-40 minutes before the concert starts at the reception of your hotel.
Drop off after the concert: at your hotel, or any other destination in Budapest upon request.
- Hector Berlioz: Rákóczi March, Orchestra
- Zoltán Kodály: Intermezzo–from opera Háry János, Orchestra
- Johannes Brahms: Hungarian Dances No. 5.,Orchestra with cimbalom solo
- Béla Bartók: Roumanian Folk Dances, Orchestra
- Ferenc Erkel: Palotás – from the opera Hunyadi László, Orchestra
- Franz Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2., Orchestra with cimbalom solo
- Franz Lehár: Eva-Waltz, Ballett Ensemble
- Emmerich Kálmán:The Czardas Queen– „Dasist die Liebe”,
- Franz Lehár: The Merry Widow- Medley, Orchestra
- Franz Lehár: The Merry Widow– „Grisetten Lied und Kan-Kan, Ballett Ensemble
- Grigoraş Ionică Dinicu: The nightingale, Gypsy Band
- A csitári hegyek alatt… (Hungarian Folksong), Gypsy Band
- Vittorio Monti: Czardas, Gypsy Band
- Emmerich Kalman: The Devil-rider– Palotás, Orchestra, Ballett Ensemble
- Emmerich Kálmán: Countess Mariza– „Komm mit nach Varazdin”
- Johann Strauss jr.:Long live the Magyar! Op. 332., Orchestra
- Emmerich Kálmán: Countess Mariza– „Braunes Mädel von der Pussta”, Ballett Ensemble
Vigado Concert Hall: 2 Vigado ter, District V Budapest, H-1051
Danube Palace: 5. Zrínyi utca, District V Budapest, H-1051